Saturday, March 24, 2018

Broken Together

The Myth....
Thanks to the movies, the myth of the knight in shining armor, riding in on a white horse to save the damsel in distress has, for many become the dream of this generations newlyweds. However, in most cases it still just a lovely myth.
When I hear the words to this song, (Broken Together by Casting Crowns,) I think about the ups and downs of the 40 year struggle my husband and I had. I will have been widowed 10 years this November. Remembering the highs and lows of our marriage is kind of like reading a novel about two lovers who had stars in their eyes but never gave up when the glitter became tarnished.
Our mutual trust in our Savior, Jesus Christ, is what kept us together.... not the romance  or the children or even our ultimate unconditional love for each.
As my own grandchildren are just beginning to step into this season of life, I would pray that they look a little deeper than the fairy tale wedding and ask themselves if this is the man/woman, that I can lean on if the going gets rough ????

No comments:

Post a Comment