Monday, June 11, 2018

Strange Comfort

Something is not right with picture...

Today I saw a video on FB of a small child watching TV surrounded by her huge pet snake, a large yellow python.
My initial thought was where are the parents? Don't they know how dangerous this is? But reading further, it appeared that the parents were not opposed and truly thought this snake loved them and would never harm their child. Then my Grandma hat came on and I thought..IGNORANCE is running wild in this house. Following that thought, my spiritual side kicked in and I saw how comfortable this child is with this snake. .... kind of like the comfortable sin of addiction, sex, drugs, alcohol, over eating, gossip etc. etc. etc.
Our God of grace and mercy covers all...but living with a "pet snake" is not only dangerous, but, proper feeding and maintenance of this animal is a FULL TIME JOB. " Snake handling" becomes all we think about. Feeding the snake becomes priority in our daily schedule. A hungry snake is not happy and will eventually require all you have to give...including your God given purpose and destiny...
Challenge for Life... Starve your Snake.. 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment